Here’s how SBI clients can enable / disable UPI for their account
State Bank of India (SBI) account holders can easily enable / disable Unified Payment Interface (UPI) transactions for their account using net banking and mobile banking. They can easily do this online using mobile banking and online banking. “Want to activate / deactivate your UPI services in your account? You can easily do it through Online SBI or YONO SBI. Enjoy our online services from your comfort zone. Stay at home, stay safe,” the principal informed the country’s lender to its customers via a tweeter.
Here is a step by step guide to enable / disable UPI for SBI account via net banking and SBI YONO lite mobile banking app.
Activate / deactivate the UPI for the SBI account via net banking
- Log in to SBI online banking.
- Open the My Profile section.
- Here you will find Enable / Disable Accounts for UPI option, just click on it.
- Now select your account number and select the enable / disable option.
Enable / disable UPI for SBI account via YONO lite
- Connect to the SBI YONO lite mobile app
- Now open the UPI tab.
- Now tap and open the UPI on / off option.
- Now select your account number and deactivate it (Activate UPI account).
- After disabling this option, your UPI transactions will be disabled and you will no longer be able to use UPI for this account.
If you want to reactivate UPI for your SBI account, just enable the Enabled option (Activate UPI account).
BHIM SBI Pay is a UPI application from SBI that allows users to use multiple banking features, from bill payment to money transfer. Since its launch five years ago, UPI payments have grown steadily, with the exception of the April to May period when India entered a full lockdown.
Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint. Download our app now !!