Child tax credit 2021: Create an ID.me account, manage your payments, IRS error code 2001
I’m still waiting for your July? You can check the status of your payment with the . But you will need to register by creating an ID.me account. And some report that they received an error code 2001 during the installation process.
Having an ID.me account is essential for managing your upcoming payments, banking information, and eligibility. The account will bring you important advantages: it will soon allow you to update the tax agency onso you will receive the correct amount of money. You can use it now for , and next month you can update your mailing address. If parents haven’t updated their banking information for July, they’ll still receive a check in the mail.
We’ll walk you through how to create an ID.me account and how to opt out of the 2021 Child Tax Credit Prepayment Program, if that’s what you choose to do. We’ll also tell you what we know about error code 2001. To learn more, here’s how to calculate your estimated total., you can also and if you receive payments this year.
Why an ID.me account is important for the child tax credit
ID.me is an online tool used by the IRS, Treasury Department, Social Security Administration, and other government agencies to verify your identification. Once you’ve been verified on a site that uses ID.me, you can use the same login details on any other site that uses the secure login service.
Currently, the IRS uses ID.me only for its child tax credit tools. If you don’t want to collect the child tax credit advance payments this year and would rather receive a large payment next year, you will need this account with the IRS to do so. If you already have an IRS account and username, you can use them instead.
you may want to unsubscribe and what are the deadlines for doing so.
How to create an ID.me account?
Before you begin, you’ll want to gather a handful of things, including your Social Security number, some photo ID – like a driver’s license or passport – and a phone or computer with a camera.
1. Head to the Child Tax Credit Update Portal and press the blue button, Unsubscribe from advance payments. On the next page, press the button marked ID.me Create an account.
2. Now enter your email address and choose a password, then tap Create an account.
3. Learn more about the ID.me service and press Carry on.
4. ID.me will ask you to Confirm your email address and gives you the possibility to configure– an additional step that you can take to prove that it is you who is making the request and not someone else who is trying to access your account.
5. Following, upload a photo of your photo ID. Then take and upload a selfie using your phone or computer camera. If you want to use your phone, ID.me will send a text message with a link to take and submit your photos.
6. Once you’ve uploaded your images, you’ll enter your social security number and confirm any other information you’ve entered. When you are ready, click Carry on.
7. ID.me will send you an SMS confirming that you want to create an account. If you want to continue, click Authorize and continue on the ID.me page to send the verification to the IRS.
If ID.me is unable to verify you, you will be given the option to make a video call with a “trusted arbiter” to complete your verification.
What is IRS Portal Error Code 2001
Several Reddit forums have messages from people saying they get an error code 2001 when using their ID.me account to log into the IRS site, with the message: “A condition was identified that prevents your access to this service. “
A poster that appears to represent ID.me stated that it did not recognize the error code as an ID.me message, however. We have contacted the IRS for comment.
Here isand for payments. For more financial benefits this year, here’s how to save money on and .